Many health conditions can be prevented, managed or improved by adopting a healthier diet and lifestyle. For more than two decades, Jane Schwartz, RDN, has been creating personalized therapeutic nutrition plans that emphasize sustainable and mindful eating habits.
As a nutrition coach and educator, Jane will help you learn to fuel and nourish
your body by teaching you how to:
- Find the right balance of carbohydrates, proteins and fats
- Keep your metabolism burning with regular meals and snacks
- Heal your relationship with food
- Tame sugar cravings
- Eat from physical vs. emotional hunger
- Be mindful/physically connected while eating
- Find an organized way of eating that fits into your lifestyle
- Make food a source of pleasure rather than anxiety
Jane will work with you, and your medical team when appropriate, to help you
prevent or manage a chronic condition. In some cases, medications can be
greatly reduced or eliminated.
- Diabetes: Discover ways to control your blood sugars through the correct balance of carbohydrate, protein and fat.
- Heart Disease/Hypertension: Learn how sugar and different types of fats can influence the cholesterol panel. High cholesterol is a risk factor for cardiovascular disease and high blood pressure.
- Arthritis: Gain knowledge of food types that have an anti-inflammatory effect in the body and avoid those foods that are pro-inflammatory.
- Thyroid disease: Learn what to eat and what to avoid to support your thyroid condition.
- Gastrointestinal problems: Discover how food plays a role in managing many GI conditions, from GERD/reflux and IBS to Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis and diverticulitis.
allergies, which manifest almost immediately and are easy to detect, food sensitivities
can take anywhere from hours to days to manifest symptoms. Jane is a Certified
LEAP Therapist (CLT) and has received special training to implement and interpret
the most accurate food sensitivity blood test, known as the MRT.