Looking for personalized nutrition counseling for yourself or your family? Whether you are seeking to lose weight, plan meals, improve your overall health, or manage a chronic condition, I’m here to help. My holistic and down to earth approach takes into account behavior and exercise habits, past and current dietary patterns, chronic conditions, and lifestyle. My advice is geared toward making realistic changes that will last for a lifetime, and is tailored for each client on an individual basis. To find out more about my personal background and whether my services are might be the right fit for you, click here.
The initial 90 minute consult addresses your current lifestyle and eating patterns. Medical history, exercise patterns, food cravings, and stress factors are all taken into account. We work together to determine the best plan for your needs.
Follow Up Visits
The 30 minute follow-up visits provide the education, encouragement, and motivation you need to continue your “eating well” journey. Here we review food journals, discuss and tackle any obstacles or setbacks, and continue to develop new goals as old ones are met. Follow-up visits or check-ins may also be done online or by phone.
The amount and type of follow-up visits may vary by person or family depending on their needs.
Additional Services Include:
- Kitchen Raid: Let me come to your home and take inventory of what you have in your fridge and pantry. We’ll come up with healthy alternatives while organizing your kitchen at the same time.
- Personalized Shopping Tour: I will meet you at your favorite supermarket or natural foods store and guide you through a personalized shopping tour, pointing out optimal foods and ones to stay away from to meet your health goals.
As a nutrition coach and educator, I will help you learn to fuel and nourish your body by teaching you how to:
- Find the right balance of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats
- Keep your metabolism burning with regular meals and snacks
- Heal your relationship with food
- Tame sugar cravings
- Eat from physical vs. emotional hunger
- Be mindful/physically-connected while eating
- Find an organized way of eating which fits into their lifestyle
- Learn how to have food be a source of pleasure rather than anxiety
Medical Areas of Concern:
I will work with you (and liaison with your doctor if need be) to help you prevent or manage a chronic condition. In many cases, medications can be greatly reduced or eliminated.
- Diabetes: discover ways to control your blood sugars through the correct balance of carbohydrate, protein and fat
- Heart Disease/Hypertension: learn how sugar and different types of fats can influence the cholesterol panel, decrease cardiovascular disease and high blood pressure
- Arthritis: gain knowledge of food types that have an anti-inflammatory effect in the body and avoid those foods that are pro-inflammatory
- Cancer prevention: find out how foods that contain phytochemicals and fiber can decrease the incidence of cancer
- Pregnancy: learn about how to eat for a healthy pregnancy, and how to eat if you have gestational diabetes, preeclampsia or other
pregnancy-related medical problems
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome: comprehend how nutrition and diet can help with symptoms of PCOS
- Infertility: ascertain whether a change in your diet can help with conceiving and carrying a healthy pregnancy to term